- Ph.D. student in Aeronautics & Astronautics, University of Washington, Seattle (present)
- M.Sc., Aeronautics and Astronautics, University of Washington, Seattle, 2012
- B.Eng., Information Science and Engineering, PES Insituite of Technology, Bangalore, India, 2007
- Member Technical Staff (MTS 2) - NetApp (2007 - 2009)
- UAV Applications
- Data-driven control
- Formation Flight
- Optimal Control Theory
- Soumya Vasisht and Mehran Mesbahi, "Performance Analysis for Target Tracking by UAVs using a Data-Driven Approach" (in preparation).
- Soumya Vasisht and Mehran Mesbahi, "Trajectory Design and Coverage Control for Solar-Powered UAVs", In Proc. of the AIAA Guidance, Navigation and Control Conference, 2015.
- Serina Diniega, Kunio M. Sayanagi, Jeffrey Balcerski, Soumya Vasisht, et al., "Mission to the Trojan Asteroids: lessons learned during a JPL Planetary Science Summer School mission design exercise", In Planetary and Space Science Journal, Volume 76, February 2013, Pages 68-82
- Varanasi Endowed Fellowship, University of Washington (2012-2013)